I’m in the midst of a productive two weeks trying hard to avoid the little distractions that can drain my attention and energy. Looking at you, Youtube.
But one consequence is that I’m reading more — much more — and am trying hard to keep up with my practice of writing “book notes”: part review, part synopsis, and (sometimes) part personal essay.
Here are some recent ones, and you can find the rest linked from the Reading page:
- Arctic Chill by Arnaldur Indriðason
- Most Dope: The Extraordinary Life of Mac Miller by Paul Cantor
- On the Hippie Trail from Istanbul to Kathmandu by Rick Steves
- Kundo Wakes Up by Saad Z. Hossain
- The Finnish Way by Katja Pantzar